Saturday, October 15, 2016

Demolition Day 3

Day three - today we worked outside. Because I had to have the electric inspected, we decided to take a break from hammering. Tomorrow the dumpster is delivered, so that will help! What we found outside is tons and tons of overgrowth. There is ivy everywhere. Up the house, through the yard....just crazy. And just tons of weeds. So we spent part of the day pulling that out. In the rubble I found a loose brick, and it was a golden find - it was a FBC (Fire Brick Company) brick - an original from the people who owned this house, and that company. SCORE!! We also found another stained glass window that had been removed, so that will be going back in. Successful day.


One of my discoveries today.  While cleaning out a closet, this original stained glass was found.  I was just giddy with excitement.  I think we have figured out where it was originally - above the front door.  So that is where it will return.
 This is one of the original bricks.  This one is labeled UFBC - Unified Fire Brick Company.  Which is the company the Soisson's owned.  I found two, so I donated one to the Historical society.
 I wish I would have taken a "Before" picture - not just a "during" picture.  All of this ivy was climbing over the fire escape stairs, up the wall and just covered the ground.  It was so much work to try and get it out.  We got about 1/2 way done before we had to quite for the day.  We are going to have a lot of the landscaping removed professionally - lots of big trees and bushes that need to be pulled out.



No comments:

Post a Comment